Camille Allen's Artist Dolls and Sculptures
Tiny, realistic baby sculptures... hand sculpted with tiny tools in polymer clay.
Grandma the Pie Maker
Coconut Cream Pie Maker
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 9-inch baked pastry shell
- 1 recipe of Meringue
- Oven 350 degrees
- In saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture boils and thickens, Cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat add 1 cup coconut.
Stir small amount hot mixture into yolks; return to hot mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla; cool to room temperature (To prevent a crust from forming, put clearn plastic wrap or waxed paper directly on top, touching surface of the hot pudding clear to sides of bowl.) Pour into baked pastry shell.
Beat 3 egg whites with 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla till soft peaks form. Gradually add 6 Tablespoons sugar, beating till stiff peaks form and all sugar is dissolved. Spread atop pie, sealing to pastry. Spinkle with 1/2 cup coconut over meringue. Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) about 12 to 15 minutes, or till meringue is golden. Cool
eMail this web site?