CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
Recipe by Rori Trovato
Preheat oven to 400°. Using about 1 teaspoon olive oil, brush garlic head. Wrap garlic in foil and roast until very tender, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, cut off top and squeeze roasted garlic from skin into a medium bowl.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic head
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 loaf store-bought or homemade rustic country bread cut into 1/2-inch slices
Add remaining ingredients except bread. Mix well. Spread mixture onto each slice of bread, reserving about 1/4 cup. Wrap bread in foil, with foil seam on top. Bake about 20 minutes. Carefully open seam of foil completely. Brush bread with remaining 1/4 cup garlic mixture and continue cooking on foil until golden brown and crispy, about 12 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes about 12 slices.
Taken from Recipes and cooking. Food - Oprah.com