Good Morning America's
Oct. 10, 2006
Sam Champion's Meatloaf
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 of a 10 3/4-ounce can of Campbell's Tomato Soup
- 1 cup Ritz Crackers (finely ground into crumbs in a food processor)
- 1 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups finely diced onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk egg thoroughly, add the tomato soup, and continue to whisk until combined. Add the Ritz Cracker crumbs, the salt, the pepper and the onions. Continue to mix until thoroughly combined. Then add the beef and the pork and continue to mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Place mixture into a 9-by-5-by-3-inch oven-proof (Pyrex) pan, and shape into a loaf.
- Put into preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, until an instant read thermometer reaches 165 degrees F.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Note: Sam's meatloaf can be made in free form in a roasting pan and cooked for 1:15 - 1:45 hours.