Good Morning America's
Oct. 10, 2006
Chris Cuomo's Meatloaf
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 slices Wonder Bread without crusts
- ½ cup fine, dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medum onion chopped fine (1 ½ cup)
- 2 Red Delicious apples peeled, cored and grated
- 1 pound fatty sirloin beef
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Then whisk in milk until thoroughly combined. Add bread and let soak in egg-milk mixture. Press down with the whisk to submerge bread. Then add the breadcrumbs, the Worcestershire sauce, the vanilla, the cinnamon sugar, the garlic powder, the salt, and the parsley, and whisk together thoroughly. Then add the onion and the apple and whisk. Then mix in the meat using your hands.
- To make topping, in a medium bowl whisk the ketchup with the mustard and honey.
- Spread half the topping on the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5 by 3-inch ovenproof (Pyrex) baking dish, with a rubber spatula. Place the meat mixture in the pan, and shape into a loaf. Spread the remainder of the topping on the loaf with an offset spatula.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 165 degrees.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Note: Chris' meatloaf can be made in free form in a roasting pan and cooked for 1:15 - 1:45 hours.